House Church Talk - Baptisms

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Thu Jan 29 22:21:36 EST 2004

Vanessa,

It seems I have been out to touch, when I read today that you are now a
Quaker.

My knowledge of the Modern Quakers in very limited, but their history really
fascinates me. They seem to have a lot in common with my Pentecostal
forefathers, including the tendency to contrast the Spirit baptism with the
water baptism.

Many close friends and preachers I know also see water baptism as ridiculous
when we have so wonderful a privilege of being baptized in the Holy Spirit.
For me it is as simple as the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ commanded us
to be baptized in the water and also promised us that He would baptize us in
the Holy Spirit.

I would not kill anyone that disagreed with me on this though!

Dan Beaty
Columbus, Ohio USA
www.livingtruth.com