House Church Talk - cessation of spiritual gifts

jim pierceall jpierceall at brtc.net
Thu Jul 1 08:01:21 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <Adamkwyhmed at aol.com>

Your testimony is well received here....  If love was the motivation for Him
to heal then, I have not ceased to believe, that He loves any-less today...

Remembering, "these signs shall follow them that believe" - and when the
"signs stop", it does not remain void for long...rushing in to readily fill
that occupancy was and remains, any manner of human cerebral creativity...
and while the good of debate and stimulation towards Christ may have some
merit, I am always disturbed in spirit, when the needy (that's us all) are
left in the wake of those waves and stripped of any "expectant hope"...

Teachings that lead us away from total dependence on Christ Jesus, is not
maturity...

Remembering when Jesus himself, returning to his own hometown,  Matt 13:58
did not do many miracles there because of their unbelief.

For the one that believes gifts of God have ceased, I suspect they have...

JimP - kentucky - praying earnestly, that as we pursue love, we remain
hopefully expectant of 'spirituals'

David A. - I "hear" what you said...   Me too..  Me too...

Yet I have heard over the years, always local brethren, who testify of these
events happening...  While maybe never as sensational as the public speakers
tell, it was always surrounded in "great excitement" for our local
participants...  One such case remains reverent in my heart...  Our local
resident nurse, working obstetrics, when the doctor handed her a "blue
baby", as he continued to attend the mother...  Our sister walked to the
corner of the room towards the ante room...  Praying, as she welled up w/
deep compassion  from within herself - the baby let loose w/ a tremendous
wail....  Great excitement broke out in the delivery room, as also in our
housechurch ....  \O/