House Church Talk - cessation of spiritual gifts

jesusislord343 at juno.com jesusislord343 at juno.com
Thu Jul 1 08:43:53 EDT 2004

Dear Ross and saints,
It is edifying to read your discussion.  I'm presently unable to engage
in a dialogue on these things as I'd like, but I will here briefly pose
one question for consideration (in addition to Bruce's below) related to
the text in question of I Corinthians 13:

Did Paul live to see the completion of the canon of scripture?

[Noticing that Paul said that *he personally* would know fully as he was
fully known, at the coming perfection.]

Grace in Christ,
Glenn

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:42:59 +0000 "Bruce Woodford" <bwood4d at hotmail.com>
writes:
> What is it in this passage that identifies, to your mind, the coming of
the Lord?
> What do you believe is "that which is perfect"?
> When did it/will it come?

> That event marks the timing of  3 things:
> (1) the doing away with that which is in part (knowledge and prophecy),
> (2) the end of our seeing through a glass darkly and the beginning of
our seeing "face to face",
> (3) Paul's knowing as he was known.

> Please explain for us how and why you have concluded that all four of
these things have already happened and when (at what point in history)
you think they happened.