House Church Talk - Prayer needed

Liz Smith liz.smith at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 2 16:46:17 EDT 2004

My husband and I just need some prayer from fellow Christians.  He was in
a staff position at a young, but growing fast, church, which claimed to be
non-denominational, but I have never heard so many jabs at other
denominations.  Anyway, he stepped down after praying alot about it
because he was asked to spend too much time at church and not enough with
family.  The church, with it's new building and so many programs, had many
needs and was to come first.  My husband felt God telling him that wasn't
what serving Him was about.

Anyway, since then we have been persecuted by the pastor and staff there,
and gossipped and lied about by them.  We had left quietly, not contacting
others from the church (the pastor considered that gossip if we did, even
though we had done no wrong).  We have been looking into home church and
feel led that this is the way it should be...and now my husband is
convinced.  It seems when men and women get that power that comes from
leadership positions at church, Satan just grabs a hold of them. The
paranoia at that church is astounding and the "sheep" are "protected" like
they can't think for themselves -- it's almost cultish.

We have contacted several house churches in our area but no response, and
we have friends that are also being led to house church, so we may start
something up.  But please just pray for us as we do this.  It is such a
shame that we have been treated this way by fellow "Christians" -- I would
expect it from unbelievers.  My husband said he read on a house church
forum somewhere that we would be persecuted by others if we ventured out
on this, and it seems to be true.

In His Grace,
Liz Smith
NC

--
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are
safe.  Proverbs 18:10