House Church Talk - Prayer needed

Adamkwyhmed at aol.com Adamkwyhmed at aol.com
Sat Jul 3 10:05:42 EDT 2004

Dear Liz:
My wife and I have had to deal with the stigma of not being accepted by the
church we had attended.  There are some things we learned from the experience I
though I might share with you:  #1. There is now therefore no "condemnation"
to them who are in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh, but after the
Spirit,(No Condemnation).  #2.  Let G-d be the truth, and every man a liar,(Even
if you feel the whole world had turned away from you, Jesus said He will
never leave nor forsake you).  #3.  If G-d is directing the church in a matter, he
can personally confirm it to both of you as well, (Anything else is under
condemnation and a BIG guilt trip, not Holy Spirit Conviction).  #4.  If you
husband had not put the family first, before the Church, by Biblical standards, he
could properly fill a position in the Church,(the husband must first show
himself to be head of his house,(Headship refers to servanthood to his household
as Christ was, and is, to His Church), before he is able to fill any Church
position of leadership as a personal example to the congregation the Lord would
have him instruct).  #5.  Remember you are not alone in suffering sorrow at
the hands of loved ones in Christ,(the stings of a family member hurt far worse
than than that of many enemies), however we are to pray for them which abuse
us, and bless those people who curse us.  #6.  It is not easy to do, but you
both must also forgive them.  Be honest with the Lord of any bitterness that you
may have, and ask him to replace the pains of bitterness with the honest
sincerity of forgiveness, because if we don't forgive, He cannot forgive us,(I did
not say trust, I said forgive.  Unfortunately in some cases where forgiveness
is stressed, the abusive parties use the terms forgiveness as a means to
continue abusing the trust of their victums).  Once trust is shattered, it has to
be earned back again-I am not saying that God cannot reconcile, which is also
what you should pray for, what I am saying is that in the heart of men, trust
established that has become shattered, is as hard to reconstruct, not
impossible, because the Lord can do it, but it is as hard to reconstruct as a glass
that has been shattered over multiple times,(the analogy of the glass can be
seen with how many times it is broken and repaired, each time of abuse becoming
more and more brittle). True forgiveness comes from the Lord, and eventually He
may cause you both to Love, (Agape-unconditional Love), this church that you
left.  #7.  You are always being prayed for by Jesus Christ himself,(we have
an advocate, even Jesus Christ himself, who ever makes interceding prayer for
us).
May the Shaloam of Yeshua,(Jesus), Hamashia,(the Messiah), rest with both you
, your husband and your family.
A bondservant of Jesus Christ and of the persecuted Church,
Adam Waggoner

P.S.
I apologize for my wordiness, however the emotion of abuse that I went
through was great.  Thank you for your patience, and I hope I helped.