House Church Talk - Re: cessation of spiritual gifts

Phillip Cohen spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Sat Jul 3 23:12:27 EDT 2004

Dear Adam,

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 21:37:02 EDT Adamkwyhmed at aol.com writes:
> Dear Sir:
> I perceive that you are more into deciding the body of believers
> than
> building and edifying each other up.  If you wish to live a life
> without  miracles,
> that is your choice.  G-d will not force them upon you.   However,
> do not
> force your choice of living upon others.

Hey, you nobody can force anything on you with a measly email.

> As for being able to  have
> answer to everything,
> that very statement conotates that you are being  proud.

Who appointed you God? To me it appears like brothers involved a peaceful
in-depth discussion.

> I will have no part in following "your"
> definition and
> form of  messiah.

That's your privilege, Bro.

>  If you are insistent on not repenting from the
> error of your
>  ways, to me you will become anathema.  My hope and prayer,  though,
> is that
> you would repent and be reconciled with the body of  believers.

Adam, for most of my Christian life I believed as Ross does. I wasn't
anathema then, nor am I now.

I suggest that you are the one who needs to repent of a proud, scornful
spirit. Let's keep this list a safe place for brothers and sisters to
bare their hearts without getting bashed.

Phillip
spiritfilledhome at juno.com
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.
1 John 4:16