House Church Talk - Re: cessation of spiritual gifts

jim pierceall jpierceall at brtc.net
Wed Jul 7 13:41:27 EDT 2004

David A writes:  <<much time has passed since ugliness reared its ugly
> head on this list. God be thanked. In times past it was so prevalent that
> a close friend in Ohio advised me to discontinue the list. I realized
> then that I had little emotional capital left to expend on those in
> cyber-space who practiced ugliness. You see, my other relationships
> demand and deserve my emotional capital, so to speak.>>

I read your heart brother...

Again David A.  :  So, if you have the gift of encouragement, bring it on,
OK?

Don't know about gift - but truly wanting to say something of
encouragement...  I saw something this week-end just not sure of the final
message..   Though in light of how you worded below - maybe we could just
laugh together ..  and then maybe, cry together too... O:>)

David A :  <<I am still looking things over
for more blessings. Think of me as a bee, going from flower to flower...>>
---------

OKay, the thoughtful and sweet one of this household, does lots of gardening
(flowers), feeding of birds... and so often they speak a distinctive
message....  We have lots of natural attractions for the birds, butterflies,
and bees...  of course that would include unpleasant birds as well as
wasps...

But just this week-end, one of the more unnatural hummingbird feeders
(sugarwater & jar), placed in position, that she might see more pronounced
than just random activity as the natural provides, ...  one of those
man-made feeders while receiving visitations from the hummers - was infested
w/ honey bees...  COVERED UP!

Unthinking - she took bug spray - and made a couple of passes by that
feeder...  Well guess what?  In correcting one problem she created another -
humm'ers wouldn't come around it then either...

She asked - "What to do"?  As we sorted potentials together...  Pull the
feeder from service, after-all she has plenty of others ...  leave it out of
service and/or clean and wash it up...   and be better prepared to receive
some bad w/ the good...  if she returns it to service...

Wasn't maybe 10 minutes and we got a nice rain shower..  we joked the Hand
of God had cleaned up our mess for us...  in His thorough rain rinsing...

We talked a little about the Honey Bees deserved a little respect too...
after-all Honey Bees do more than make just honey...  They serve as some of
the best cross-pollinators this kingdom has flying.. O:>)  And here OKay was
gonna "correct" and "improve" on matters.. ha!  We both laughed, at how
shortsighted we are most frequently...

Yet I can't shake some thoughts - one being how we decoyed them into a man
made device...

Well with out straining my cerebrals (easy to do these days) - we decided,
that if they wanted to take over and concentrate on one feeder - the
humm'ers will just have to learn to live w/ the seven others that are out
there....

It's just a little too idealistic to think we can have great garden spot and
NOT have pests show up also... O;>)

To be sterile, might mean to be barren....  We could clean it all up, by
closing it down and pulling the plug on the garden...?  ...   I suspect God
knows this and why He remains soooo very patient...

JimP - kentucky

Matt 5:45-47
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he
maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the
just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the
publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not
even the publicans so?