House Church Talk - Hebrews & Making the change...

Bruce Woodford bwood4d at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 16:40:39 EDT 2004

> >NOT to stir anyone's passions or feed into rowdy exchange - but how much
>of
> >what we term IC (churchianity) is little more than attempts at  modified
> >Judaism?
>
>Much of it is, no doubt. Holy days, holy places, holy people called
>priests rather than a universal priesthood.

Hi brothers and sisters,
Many practices of Christendom today are definitely derived from Judaism
under the old covenant and have no roots at all in the new covenant.

But a lot of our thinking relative to the perceived dichotomies between
"clergy and laity",  and "spiritual work" and "secular work" are a direct
result of Greek philosophy and world view and not from a Biblical world view
at all!

I read a brief but very interesting book yesterday written by a Christian
business man, John Beckett about integrating Biblical principles in
business. It is called "Loving Monday: Succeeding in Business Without
Selling Your Soul."   You can find it online at:  www.lovingmonday.com
Take special note of the chapter "A Greek Legacy". You'll find it very
interesting to see how much our "Christian culture" has adopted Greek
philosophy which is absolutely foreign to scripture!

Your brother in Christ,
Bruce