House Church Talk - making a joyful noise unto the LORD

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Thu Jul 15 12:12:23 EDT 2004

    Hi all,

I heard recently about a "motorcycle church," a hundred or so miles from
here. I was glad to receive this news as I enjoy seeing others thinking
outside the box, that is, the four walls of the "sanctuary."

These brothers and sisters began their meeting by pulling their bikes
together and revving them up in unison.

"Why not?" I thought. What looks to be going on is the total integration
of their faith into their lives. More on that later.

Motives surely have much to do with it. Are these loud bikes a means to
cry out: "Hey, look at me" or are the high revs, raised hands, and
smiling faces a way of crying out: "Hey, look at Him?" I trust the latter
is so.

I once visited a circus and witnessed a trainer easily move about a dozen
elephants into a tight formation resembling a pyramid. Once the last one
took his place on top, he (she?) raised his trunk and made a glorious
bellow. It was truly an experience of worship as it turned my thoughts
directly to the Lord of all Creation. I almost trembled for joy as we
beheld this sight.

It was as though these mighty beasts were declaring to all mankind: We
are serving our Creator, the Great I AM and his Son, and loving every
minute of it! Are you?

Every living thing can and should praise Him in his own special way. Isa.
55:12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the
mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and
all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

    David Anderson