House Church Talk - Visualizing Christ

DanG dan.dgordon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 10:25:52 EDT 2004

Lee wrote:

<SNIP>
the real thing is much better than anything you can
> imagine.
>
> With love,
>
> Lee

I like that end summary.  The issue is the creator and the created.
We are the created, He is the creator.  I cannot imagine a toilet or
some other highly developed creation of ours imaging us.  And, the
reality of God is just waaaay to large to conceive that puny man could
get a grasp.  Indeed, we can get a grasp as God provides - as He is
our life - it is God at work in us both to will and to do His good
pleasure.

I can hear Phillip squirming and re-iterating what he wrote - these
are words all fine and good.  Meanings sometimes do not transfer well
in written words/email.  But enter into the reality of what the words
that Lee talks and the Word of God.  The Word of God is immense - not
a casual bantam novel, not a philosophy book.  It is huge and no body
ever immersed into it ever feels he has attained to anything.  But,
that Word of God is Jesus' name - see Rev 19.

Don't try to make Jesus like us.  Not even with us as he walked with
his disciples was he like us - not at all, I suspect.  To try anything
less than the Word of God in fulfilling a desire to see Him is just
not enough, I don't think.  Whaddaya want to do?  Sit and sip a latte
with Him?  Not!  He is God.

Please do not be convinced by our weak argument, Phillip.  Come back
with  more to say on this.  Where do you see this going for you?  Have
you got a vision of what it will/should be?  A mentor that points that
way?  An example you see?  Or is this your search, independent of
anyone else?  And to what end?  Realize also that in relationships,
there comes a time when authority or rule occurs and from time to time
flips back and forth.  Not with God.  He is God, I am His created.  I
have sin, He has righteousness in my stead, therefore I am accepted in
Him.

Waay to many words from me - rambling...  I hope you don't walk away
frustrated in this thread...
DanG ChicagoArea