House Church Talk - self-esteem and visualization - taken captive...not after Christ

Claire Bennett clairebnntt at cox.net
Fri Jul 23 17:01:30 EDT 2004

http://www.self-esteem-and-confidence-improvement.com/Visualization.htm

I don't know what course our brother is involved in, but this is an example - humanistic, new age, the power of man to change his life without repentence and without God.

It concerns me Phil, that you said you didn't want to hear arguments about whether this was good or not, you wanted advice how to go about it.  It appears you are saying that you don't want the discernment or admonishment of your brethren who care about you.  It appears that in the mouths of many witnesses you may be hearing from the Lord.  I am also concerned that this "course"  may be part of a lure into a cult or other ungodly philosophy.

Who among you fears Jehovah, who obeys the voice of His servant, who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of Jehovah and rest on his God. (Isa 50:10)

Behold, all you who kindle a fire, who are surrounded with sparks; walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks which you have kindled. This you shall have of My hand; you shall lie down in sorrow. (Isa 50:11)