House Church Talk - Phil & his Visualizing

Lee Underwood leeu at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jul 24 15:06:19 EDT 2004

Jim,

I think your assessment is a little off base. I don't think anybody
attacked Phillip. I do not feel as if I did. If that is what the feeling
is, then it is just indicative of the problem of many Christians in the
U.S. I just left a place where you weren't allowed to say anything or point
out something. That is not Scriptural. Quite the opposite.

I don't buy that stuff that it's o.k. to look/inquire/do all kinds of stuff
as God could reveal things through it. Scripture says over and over ... to
keep focused on the things of the Kingdom not of this world.

I have to agree with several other comments that there was love intended
here. No one was condemning Phillip for doing something. There are many
deceptions in the world today. It is easy to get led astray. But to not be
able to point it out to someone, that is that spirit that you can't say
anything because it would condemn someone. The truth is hard and, in the
church in the U.S. especially, much of it does not exist.

If something is wrong, it is wrong. It doesn't matter that God could "use"
it. That would mean that, if God "used" someone's addiction to bring that
person closer to Him then maybe we should help others become addicted so
God could "use" that in their life also. To use pagan practices to draw
close to God does not work. Don't fool your self. God will deal with what
is there but we need to work at providing Him something more to work with.

I take offensive to your comment of shedding innocent blood (but I forgive
you). Boy, if that is the case, then Jesus and all the disciples did their
share of shedding innocent blood. This is not about humanism. This is about
the Kingdom of God. I will not sit by and let pagan practices be put forth
as ways to draw close to God. That is of Satan. Many Christians in the U.S.
need to throw out their books and their fancy educations and their New Age
techniques and sit and wait on the Lord. Draw near to Him. It is very
simple, and He will answer.

Nobody "ganged up" on Phillip. What happened was a group of people, who saw
a brother beginning to enter into error, try to help that brother out. May
that type of attitude continue to grow!

Blessings,

Lee