House Church Talk - Update on John-A good report

His Servant His_Servant_4evr at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 24 17:56:59 EDT 2004

I got this from Pat a little while ago!!!

John went in for his fifth (5th) (since 1988) angiogram at 2:00 p.m. today covered with the prayers of God's people -- we both felt it.

After only 45 minutes, the doctor came out and called me aside.  With him coming out so quickly, I was expecting the worse.  It was the opposite.  He said that (1) John's heart muscles had not been affected and that the blockage had not worsened.  They were not going to have to do any procedure.  We could not have received any better news!!  Praise God.  It gets even better - they let him come home tonight.

One of our friends in California sent me an email today and in it said they were asking God "for another one for our miracle boy".  AND...God did it again.  I had not told John - but this one had me worried.  I am still absolutely amazed at the outcome of the angiogram.

The incident that happened Wednesday night - they theorize - was caused by John's congestive heart failure and a lack minerals in his body.  I think I told you he had doubled up on the diuretics.  They have now given him potassium tablets to take when he doubles the diuretics.  They have also taken him off one of the channel blockers and put him on something that they hope will decrease the risk of this last incident from happening again.

It was so wonderful to be able to come home after leaving John in the ER Wednesday night and email you wonderful people literally all across the US and not only know that you would be there but that you care and that you would pray.  Thank you with all my heart.

I think I have shared with most of you that we have finally settled on a church here.  It has been amazing that we have been with these people for just a very short time and they rallied around us as if they had known uf for years.  John had a constant stream of people visiting and praying with him.  We are so very grateful for this gift.

And so ends the most recent saga of the Pat & John adventures.  Tomorrow I will be back with you stuffing your in box with much more "stuff" than you want -- and preaching again.

Our oldest (in Florida) asked us about taking a vacation and we told him we lived in a vacation.  We hope all of you will come and visit us and let us show off what God has given us.

I pray that our wonderful Lord and Savior will give back to each of you in double what you have give us over the years and especially what you have given John and I through all these crises in our lives.

Blessings and hugs for now.

Pat