House Church Talk - House church or simply church wherever people are

Bruce Woodford bwood4d at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 25 14:39:03 EDT 2004

Hi Lee and Rick,

Glad you've both broken the "silence barrier" and made a contribution here
and reminded us of the main purpose of this list!

But please don't revert to the spectator mode which is the epitome of many
instituional churches, but so foreign to membership in the Body of Christ!

You have much to offer here. Surely there must be questions relative to
scriptural functioning of gatherings of new covenant saints that run through
your minds. Surely there must be longings in your hearts for true and godly
fellowship with your brothers and sisters. Surely there must be cautions
that arise in your minds and hearts when you see us here departing from such
fellowship or violating the commands of the Lord Jesus in our relationships
with each other.

Certainly this list is not without problems, misunderstandings, aggravations
of one with another. But no authentic house church will be free of such
problems either!  We must be determined and willing to work through such
difficulties in a godly manner whenever they arise.

So with these things in mind, I simply want to appeal to you and to many
others on this list who simply observe ....to prayerfully consider your own
personal involvement in "one anothering" right here!

Whether it is loving one another, exhorting one another, confessing faults
one to another, praying for one another, stirring each other up unto love
and good works, reproving those that sin that others may fear, teaching one
another, bearing each others' burdens, weeping with those that weep,
rejoicing with those who rejoice, comforting one another, strengthening the
feeble, by love serving one another,  etc...there are multitudes of
opportunity for interactive and reciprocal ministry with other saints right
in our own communities as well as right here on HC-Talk.

I'm looking forward to your continued participation!

Your brother in Christ,
Bruce Woodford