House Church Talk - House church or simply church wherever people are

DanG dan.dgordon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 17:56:27 EDT 2004

Bruce Woodford wrote:

<SNIP>

> So with these things in mind, I simply want to appeal to you and to many
> others on this list who simply observe ....to prayerfully consider your
own
> personal involvement in "one anothering" right here!
>
> Whether it is loving one another, exhorting one another, confessing faults
> one to another, praying for one another, stirring each other up unto love
> and good works, reproving those that sin that others may fear, teaching
one
> another, bearing each others' burdens, weeping with those that weep,
> rejoicing with those who rejoice, comforting one another, strengthening
the
> feeble, by love serving one another,  etc...there are multitudes of
> opportunity for interactive and reciprocal ministry with other saints
right
> in our own communities as well as right here on HC-Talk.
>
> I'm looking forward to your continued participation!
>
> Your brother in Christ,
> Bruce Woodford

Bruce, I ache in my spirit & heart for that which you express.  However,
after the past days expressions, I fear we have been set back here at
House Church Talk .  I would be loathe to exhort anyone here, I would be loathe to stir
anyone here unto love and good works, I would be loathe to reprove or teach
anyone here.  The functions here that can/may occur may be to bear burdens
in prayer, weeping, rejoicing.  But I think that since nobody here meant
anything but exhortation, stirring, reproof, teaching in the last days
emails, it won't happen again naturally anytime soon - too bad.

As I have seen in this kulture at large, and in this little House Church Talk  kulture
in specific, there are those in positions of leadership or acceptance and
those that are not.  I could name those here that are in positions to do
what you mention, and the rest just better line up and listen.  These
forces/personalities have been clearly defined in the past few days, in
essence, again.  That is human kulture.  That is reality.  No matter how
much any here in the position of being heard coax any that are not in a
position of being heard - to speak up with teaching, reproof, stirring - it
just ain't a gonna happen.  We are creatures of kulture, and there are
distinct positions in the kulture, even this little House Church Talk  kulture.  I
could name names and so could you.  We all know, don't we.

Again, yes, we are brethren in Jesus Christ the Lord and Saviour,
DanG ChicagoArea