House Church Talk - Florida Koinonia Gathering

forwarded forwarded at housechurch.org
Mon Jul 26 17:04:29 EDT 2004

"Koinonia - Experiencing His Life. . .  Together"
        Philippians 2:1-3

Hello friends,

Several have expressed an interest in meeting face to face for fellowship
on the Koinonia Life Discussion Forum, and so we have proceeded to
schedule a conference is for April 1 -3, 2005 at the Duncan Center in
Delray Beach, Florida. Although there are big conferences that occur
annually here in the states, we personally have not experienced anything
like the wonderful old retreats of yore. Our little house-to-house
gathering in Brick, NJ traveled to Salem, MA in 2000 for a wonderful time
together with the saints up there, and a few years prior we flew down to
Alabama to meet with many of you face-to-face. (remember?)

Anyway, to call the retreat a conference is probably an overstatement,
for although we hope to have as many as 50 people, our intentions are
that it be a personal, informal gathering for the saints of God to gather
and encourage one another in our most holy faith. We've been to similar
gatherings in Salem, Ontario Canada, and Alabama in the last 10 years,
and they have been wonderful times of face-to-face fellowship that really
builds relationships and strengthens folks in the faith. With the date
nine months in advance, we are hoping that those desiring to attend will
have enough time to save. The cost of the event itself is free, but there
is a price for the sleeping accommodations and the six meals (cafeteria
style). It also includes a nice big meeting room and quiet, simple
surroundings. The setting is anything but posh, however, a salve for the
sparse environs is that the center is only about 4 miles from the beach,
and -- it is a lovely time of year here in South Florida. The cost for
the weekend is $250.00 (U.S. funds) and does not include transport to and
from the center. You can drive in, or fly into West Palm Beach Airport
(25 minutes away) or Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood airport (45 minutes away).

Those of you that know us, are aware that Earl and I do not have an
"official" ministry or ministry HQ, (nor do we have intentions of
starting anything like that up), but we have sensed the Lord in this, and
have moved forward to provide an opportunity. So far, we've been able to
secure the date for the weekend with a personal deposit. In the meantime,
however, we will need to plunk down another tidy amount by the end of
August, so please let us know as soon as possible if you plan to attend.

More than anything else please keep this adventure in your prayers. So
far there are several from Canada, the UK, and throughout the states who
have written to say they are planning to come. We are not planning to
have one set speaker, but very much hoping to keep the space available
for open sharing, worship, prayer, and much fellowship. Looking to enjoy
a rich weekend of fellowship together, we have been seeking the Lord each
step of the way to see what He has in store for us. There will be no paid
speakers or programmed activities in which you must participate. If you
have any ideas or a particular hope of what the weekend may entail,
please send your thoughts along. We do hope that each will bring some
life to share from the Lord, whether a song, something He is teaching you
in this season, a prayer, or other type of sharing.

If you are part of a housechurch, and several of you are planning to
come, we hope you'll plan a skit, a song that you do in your meetings, or
plan to share for at least 10-15 minutes with the wider group to let
everyone know what God has been doing in your neck of the woods.

Please write me at steffasong  AT  aol.com if you have any questions or
if you would like to have a registration form sent to you.

May the richness of Christ be yours today and always!

In  His grace,

      Stephanie Bennett

ES Creative Services and Consulting
Coral Springs,  FL

"A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected  without
trials"--Cicero