House Church Talk - Visualizing Christ

DanG dan.dgordon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 10:39:43 EDT 2004

sutton wrote:
> DanG wrote:
> >I've been pondering this visualize christ issue.
> >
> >I cannot really come up with a reason that I need to do this.
>

> And there, Dan, in your own words, I think you already have your answer.

<SNIP>

> But lawless in others does not make my heart grow cold.  Only when we
> ourselves begin to drift too far from the peaceful shore of sweet fellowship
> with Christ, only then do our own hearts grow chilly toward the marvelous
> family we have in Jesus Christ.  At least that's how it has always been in my
> own life.
>

> Jim

Yep, Jim, I hear ya.
OTOH, I would also not scorn the strong words from brethren.
In my opinion, this is what happened in this thread recently.
Strong words are as valid as freeform acceptance of what some do.  The
strong words offer us a counter to merely accepting any idea/practice
that comes along.  There is a place for "watchman" as well as
"peacemaker."  I think we are coming to see this in this thread,
again.  Just, I did not like to see what appeared to me as the
"watchman" words rejected, somewhat.  In a sense, I side alongside the
words of the "watchman," but I am "flexible" to still hear
justifications on both camps.  We all need that, I think.  The
"watchman" words were not inflexible, merely cautionary as I read
them.
DanG ChicagoArea