House Church Talk - fatal house church attraction

DanG dan.dgordon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 13:52:30 EDT 2004

David Anderson wrote:
> These are soooo spiritually sensitive that they can always find doctrinal
> errors, evil motives, and a lack of love in just about every setting.
> Inevitably, they exit their house churches (and lists) and usually play
> the martyrdom card along the way. This is also one reason why so many
> "home church gatherings" have ended in dispute and disharmony.

Well, to elaborate on this theme, I wonder if we could not just
include all men in this dysfunctional characterization.  If you look
at it, in a known instututional structure, we limit our interaction
and reactions to cooperate with the requirements of the institution.
For instance, I go to church to hear some good words.  I don't really
come to a place of disagreement because the known quantity at church
is that my mind is OFF until the Amen is said.  We all smile and then
turn on our brains and carry on.

My son years ago was amazed at the church and the lack of interaction.
 In contrast, my sons are extra class amateur radio operators with
real 20wpm code ability, when we went to the ham club meeting, all
manner of talk was entertained about radios, antennae, propagation,
contacts, etc.  But when the formal part of church is done - back to
same 'ol same 'ol talk about job, golf, vacation, kids - not the
center of attention for church meeting - fellowship around Jesus
Christ, God, the Bible.  Curious, eh?  We turn our mind off for church
so we do not have interaction.

Those of us here, however, may be "open" minded, unless we really
really want to do something - then we just do it, like put up verses
from the Bible, or maintain that love in any way is the god of our
lives, etc.
DanG ChicagoArea