House Church Talk - the least esteemed are to judge

Claire Bennett clairebnntt at cox.net
Tue Jun 15 15:38:33 EDT 2004

That was such an eye-opener.  We can only imagine why.  God chooses the weak to confound the strong and the foolish in the world's eyes to confound those wise in the world's eyes.  In the same way, it appears that those who are weak and foolish in the eyes of the church are vested with this honor, rather than those strong and considered wise.

A little esteemed person tends to have compassion, and might be likely to judge with mercy.  One lacking natural talents and abilities is likely to depend upon the Lord's abilities, rather than his own.  I'm sure there are other reasons.  Thank you for sharing that verse.