House Church Talk - Are you a house?

Bruce Woodford bwood4d at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 29 22:25:06 EDT 2004

David,
You wrote:>But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we
hold
>fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
>Hebrews. 3:6
>
>You also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, a holy
>priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus
>Christ. 1 Pet. 2:5

Yes, brother , we ARE a house...THE HOUSE OF GOD!

1 Timothy 3:15  But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest
to behave thyself in the house of God , which is the church of the living
God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
Hebrews 10:21  And having an high priest over the house of God;
1 Peter 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of
God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey
not the gospel of God?

Under the old covenant made at Sinai, the "house of God" was always a
physical building to which the people of God had tio go in order to meet
with God.  But under the new covenant made at Calvary, the house of God is
always the people of God where ever they go!  No longer is it a temple made
with hands!   God has permanently come to "meet with us" by taking up His
residence within us!  Furthermore, He has promised NEVER TO LEAVE US OR
FORSAKE US!!

Do we really realize what a high calling and privilege is ours???

Your brother in the same house!
Bruce