House Church Talk - Re: cessation of spiritual gifts (was: Glenn, may I forward ...)

cliffsilliman at juno.com cliffsilliman at juno.com
Wed Jun 30 13:47:06 EDT 2004

> No, only because, as Paul says, they would and did pass away whereas
> Love, Hope, and Faith remain. Love forever, but Hope and Faith until
the
> coming of the Lord where they shall be realized.

Not sure why the coming of the Lord has anything to do with this since
scripture says that the gifts have passed away when that which is perfect
has come. (1 Corinthains 13) Since the perfect has come nothing would be
lacking and hope and faith would also have passed away. Ephesians 4 talks
about them continuing until we all come ot the unity of the faith and the
knowledge of the son of God, to a perfect man to the measure of the
stature of the fullness of Christ. Cannot say I have seen that.

Cliff Silliman <cliffsilliman at juno.com>
1 Corinthians 14:15