House Church Talk - Passion

Paul Cox paulcox2 at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 5 11:18:11 EST 2004

Amen Mike,

Moviegoers are touched by sensational things.  I believe the Lord will
use this movie to meet them right where they are.  Didn't He do that
throughout the gospels?  He met people right where they were, on their
level, and according to their needs.  May those of us who are in the
Body of Christ, be ready to lead many on to Him, once their hearts have
been softened by this truly sensational movie.

But I agree - we cannot fathom the depth of agony that our Lord Jesus
suffered in becoming sin for us, and having the eternal Father, with
Whom He had enjoyed eternal, unbroken fellowship, look away from our
sins as he bore them on that lonely cross.  If we would esteem the
physical suffering (not to be taken lightly at all) above that
indescribable suffering, it means that we may be short on our enjoyment
of the inheritance we have in being brought into the fellowship that
goes on between the Father and the Son.  May we all grow in that
fellowship and holiness.
Paul Cox