House Church Talk - Passion

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Mon Mar 8 23:13:39 EST 2004

Janet,

Thanks for posting this. I downloaded the mp3 last night that David
mentioned. Before listening and after reading some of the text there I
expected what you were addressing.

Without casting discernment to the wind, I do think we need to guard against
an overly critical spirit. I am thinking of Pauls words:

Phil 1:15  Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also
of good will:
Phil 1:16  The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to
add affliction to my bonds:
Phil 1:17  But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of
the gospel.
Phil 1:18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in
truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
Phil 1:19  For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your
prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

I am not always able to rejoice as our inprisoned brother Paul when Christ
is preached for wrong reasons. But I am encouraged in knowing that the Lord
will get glory somehow in spite of all our shortcomings.

Dan B.