House Church Talk - Passion

jim pierceall jpierceall at brtc.net
Tue Mar 23 11:06:24 EST 2004

> A friend of mine from Turkey said the movie would probably be the biggest
grossing movie in the history of Turkish theater.

> Turks also loved the Jesus Film from Campus Crusades for Christ.
>
> RJ
> --------------

Thanks for the feedback RJ...  Interesting that the ancient lands of the
Revelation (Asia Minor) would find a ready market and/or favor w/ this
particular film and theme...

Setting aside the film's historic errors, it's RCC slant, it's Hollywood-ish
dramatics - One is left to ponder the greater issues...  even to if there
are greater issues?  Or is it just another blip on the screen, that will
soon
be displaced, as the latest horror movie -Zombies from the Dead - supplant
Passion in the masses mind, if not hearts???  (what a picture of those that
don't heed the message?)

Almost as when the Gospel first went out, we wonder if the controversy - the
passions of man - that surrounded the message, wasn't well prepared w/ G_d
knowing the results in advance and advancements...  With Paul and Barnabas,
or Paul and Silas on other occasions - seeming never to shrink back
from the Gospel - but spearheading into the hearts of controversy always...
Detractors on all sides - yet the message went forth..  As if reading from
the book of Acts, whether in Phillipi, Thessalonica, Achaia, and who would
choose to forget the wonderful riot of Ephesus...  all initiated from the
ruckus activity w/ it's roots in Jerusalem...  As surely then as now - the
riotous, the stoners, the liars and backbiters, the politically correct if
not expedient,  all crowd the stage to become mouth piece why this film
should not go out...  But go forth it has!  \O/

Do I read too much into it's timing...?  When the world appears to be
running
and willfully rushing head long into an abyss - Here comes this movie -
cutting to the chase - with short and singular theme - God so loved the
Adam-kind that He gave His Life ...  A no frills message, yet focused fully
of what He was willing to pay for those, that never would have means of
re-payments...  What LOVE looks like - and visually inescapable - that He
would lay-down His Life for the totally undeserving - Father forgive us
ALL...

Floating around in my "belfry" for weeks now - comes that ancient refrain,
found and held in highest Christian hope - "When the enemy shall come in
like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him."
On my!  If this is not Messiah Yeshua, our standard, on the cross - please
tell me what you would think the Holy Spirit would "lift up" otherwise... To
remind the world???

Our hope, following that ancient refrain from verse 19...?

Ish 59:20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from
transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.

21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that
is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart
out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of
thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever - KJV

-----------------

Yes - I am wondering and asking what others might think.. please share w/
me...

As for me - I am like the little boy, chosen for a lesser role in the school
play...  I speak but one line, though I practice it week in and week out, w/
due diligence I might add.. O;>)..  In the theme of the play,   I know the
preceding contributions, thus my time is fixed...
Instructor, steeping forth in practice, tells me repeatedly, "Now little
James Perry, it's time for your line... and I boldly pronounce, while
cupping
my hand to my ear for visual dramatics - my line "Hark, I hear the canon
sound!"

Resolved, I have that line down and can't wait to participate...  But on the
night of the actual performance - they fire a real canon - they had never
added the real, in the practice before - and startled I turn and fearfully
shout,

"WHAT WAS THAT?"