House Church Talk - Re: Two or three gathered

Bruce Woodford bwood4d at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 06:31:26 EDT 2004

Hi Glenn,

Thank you very much for your "rabbit trail" on Matt.18:20!  You have
reminded us of the context of that statement, and rightly so. It does have
to do with "church discipline" and reconciliation.

But there are many other commands and instructions of the Lord Jesus which
we are to obey "in His name".  We are to pray in His name, give cups of cold
water in His name, we are to baptize disciples in His name, reveive little
children in His name, cast out demons in His name,,,,,,,,,,,,,

In short, I believe that to do anything ":in His name" is to do it in
obedience to His command or instruction, in other words, with His authority.

So, whenever 2 or more believers come together to obey the Lord in anything
He has commanded them to do, do you not think that His promise to be there
in their midst is a very real promise?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Your brother in Christ,
Bruce