House Church Talk - Annotated Bible Recommendation

Mike a0006374 at airmail.net
Wed May 12 03:55:16 EDT 2004

Personally I have found the notes in the Zondervan Study Bible some of the
most helpful for people without additional study resources.  (My personal
religious library contained over 20,000 volumes at one time.)  Depending on
the education and vocabulary of the individual I recommend either the NIV or
the NAS.  The NIV is a translation from the best ancient texts phrase by
phrase and in more modern speech patterns.  The NAS is a translation from
the best ancient texts word by word which makes it a little more difficult
to read and understand, but more accurate and lasting from a translator's
viewpoint and is my preference when not using the Hebrew and Greek.

Mike S