House Church Talk - speaking

Tim Poole pooletim at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 12:04:15 EDT 2004

Glenn,
You said,
"I would respectfully ask you to show any evidence from the word
of God that the Lord desires us to view the matter of the sisters
remaining silent in the assembly meetings in such derogatory terms, as a
terrible and unnecessary form of "bondage.""

In Response,

Galations 3:28 There is not Male or Female, For you are ALL ONE in Christ.
Is this in practice or is this just a theory?

1Cor.14:34 says" Women be silent as the LAW says." Have you noticed any laws
in our culture that demands this?

I see many that find it difficult to balance cultural practices with the
life of the Spirit.

John 16:13 Says "The Spirit will guide you into all truth."  If your view of
the bible is to be just a book of rules, then you are in violation and
guilty of the whole thing. I have struggled with perfectionism and can
understand your perspective. I have realized that God is only interested in
HIS perfection and not my own.

You should consider the Muslim world and ask yourself if this is what you
think God desires. This "praiseworthy" slavery of women is what they are all
about.

In my opinion, You have removed yourself from this freedom in the Spirit and
again returning to bondage.Gal. 2:4 says FALSE brothers are trying to make
us slaves after being set free in Christ. Gal. 5:1 warns not to allow
yourselves to be burdened again by external bondage.WARNING!!! IF YOU DO ,
THEN CHRIST WILL NOT BE OF NO VALUE.

You should try the muslims or the Jews if you want to follow a code.
Colossians 2:14 Says Christ has canceled the written code.Gal 3:10 says All
who rely on the law are cursed. I would encourage you to know his
righteousness and his grace because without it we are all cursed.  In
Christ, Tim