House Church Talk - speaking

Tim Poole pooletim at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 16:30:34 EDT 2004

Its obvious that you will be able to find justfication for your position and
continue in what you want to believe.

In My Opinion, I Cor 11:5  Paul has already assumed the right of women to
pray or prophecy publicly (11:1-16); here he probably is emphasizing the
right of women to judge prophecy, something restricted to the male
leadership of the church.  As well, women (or men for that matter) shouldn't
be disrupting meetings with questions or chatter .

I see coverings in that it was an issue of hair, long for women short for
men. A cultural issue.

 This will not change anyones mindset if you cannot change. I feel the real
issue is insecure men afraid of what their wives might say about them in the
meetings, revealing who they really are. Isnt it just old fashioned CONTROL?
Its so much easier to control by the flesh then to submit to one another. As
C.S. Lewis said. "Who needs a head if you can walk in agreement." In my
opinion, if you cant walk in agreement, you cannot lead, you can only
control by being a dictator.

In Christ, Tim