House Church Talk - speaking

Tim Poole pooletim at hotmail.com
Sun May 16 21:01:12 EDT 2004

Bruce,
 This was taken from the NIV footnotes from I Cor. 11:7, Like I said, This
is not my words. You dont have an argument with me. This is an optional
translation of the same. Do you not consider the possibility this could be a
valid optional meaning? Not only that, you may be taking non-essentials and
elevating them to pre-eminence which in my opinion may be considered a false
balance. If this is your practice, in my opinion, you have alienated
yourself from this present culture and incured the rebuke that Paul states
in 1Cor.14:23 that the unbeliever or culture would think your mad? My
sincere apologies if your outreach is to Muslims and Amish. If not, sorry
cant see it. Just my perspective of course, but seeing the ones on this list
that agree with you, its very likely outreach (great commision) is not a
part of the mindset here. Im sorry, but Jesus (Good news) + bondage (Bad
news) doesnt reach many people in my area of the country. In Christ, Tim