House Church Talk - ALL books of Holy Scripture by Jesus

jesusislord343 at juno.com jesusislord343 at juno.com
Mon May 17 00:05:15 EDT 2004

Claire wrote:
> Don't you think it is interesting that Jesus didn't personally pen any
books or writings?  He didn't leave his followers a detailed program to
follow to make sure they did it right?

...to which Bruce then responded:
> You see, apart from the scriptures (inspired by the Spirit of God) and
our obedience to  their instructions, men and women of God could not be
perfect (mature) and furnished for all good works.  II Tim.3:16,17

Dear brothers and sisters,
Just a brief comment to interject that our Lord Jesus is depicted
powerfully as the Author of the Holy Scriptures in Rev. 1:16.  It is only
"another Jesus" (II Cor. 11:4) who does not have the sharp, double-edged
sword proceeding from His mouth.

"...the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord." (I
Cor. 14:37)

"For to this end I also wrote, that I might put you to the test, whether
you are obedient in all things." (II Cor. 2:9)

Grace in Christ,
Glenn S.