House Church Talk - high marks for Judas

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Sun May 23 10:20:12 EDT 2004

Management Consultants

Jesus, Son of Joseph
Woodcrafters Carpentry Shop
Nazareth, Palestine 25922

     Dear Sir,

Thank you for submitting the resumes of the 12 men picked for management
positions in your organization. All of them have taken our battery of
tests and we have not only run the results through our computer, but also
arranged personal interviews for each of them with our psychologist and
vocational aptitude consultant. The profile of all tests are included and
you will want to study of each of them carefully. As part of our service
and for your guidance we have made some general comments much as an
auditor would include some general statements.

The report is given as a result of staff consultation and comes without
any additional fee. It is the staff opinion that most of your nominees
are lacking background, education and vocational aptitude necessary for
the type of enterprise you are undertaking. They do not have the team
concept.

Simon Peter is emotionally unstable and is given to fits of temper.
Andrew has absolutely no leadership qualities. The two brothers, James
and John, sons of Zebedee, place personal interests above company
loyalty. Thomas demonstrates a questioning attitude that would tend to
undermine morale. We feel it is our duty to tell you that Mat thew has
been blacklisted by the "Greater Jerusalem Better Business Bureau". James
and Thadeaeus definitely have radical leanings and they both registered
high scores on the manic depressive scale.

One of the candidates, however, shows great potential. He is a man of
ability and resourcefulness, meets people well, has a keen business mind
and has contacts in high places. He is highly motivated, ambitious and
responsible. We recommend Judas Iscariot as your controller and right
hand man. All of the other profiles are self-explanatory. We wish you
every success in your new venture.

     Sincerely,

Jordan Management Consultants

(author unknown)