House Church Talk - No books by Jesus

jim pierceall jpierceall at brtc.net
Sun May 23 09:25:29 EDT 2004

No books by Jesus - but what about the "baker's stamps"?

Interestingly, the archeologists busy in the middle east, have "unearthed"
several, what must be termed - bakeries.  Primitive commercial attempts,
before bread wrappers, used baking molds that would include a "stamp", which
put the stamp on/into the loaf...  The stamp represented a designation of
whose kitchen this bread came, and pr'bly suggested a consistency of what
the customer might come to expect...   Hummm?  Rich implication, when
considering our assemblies, as His body of Bread... no?

Can almost hear in spirit:  Take heed for may "stampers" will go out in my
name, and deceive many...

Paul told of false bakers, passing themselves off as Christ's, deceitful
bakers, masquerading as sent to "bake your bread".. ha!  No wonder, Satan
himself masquerades as a messenger of bread...  Should not be surprising
then, that his workers w/ baking molds w/ questionable "impressions" to be
left on the bread...

Do you suppose - stamped breads - remain w/ us to this very day?

With just a basic discernment - 2 songs and 1 prayer into the "program" many
should be able to tell what kitchen this bread has come, and what stamp you
might expect to un-earth...

JimP - archeologist of sorts in divers places... O;>)

David A wrote:  > I wonder, Jim, if Jesus wasn't writing the names of those
whom these
> accusers had been physically involved with. That might have had the
> effect of causing the accusers to walk away.

Never heard that before ... Ha!  Could be!  Could well be!

w/ reading that potential - I sorta heard -
        John 4: 29 "Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could
this be the Christ?"

Hopefully not all dropped their stones and walked away, retaining their
sin...  as Forgiveness was so near to them "also"...