House Church Talk - He left no successor.

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Thu Nov 11 23:23:00 EST 2004

The news reports declared of Yasser Arafat: "He left no successor."

Personally, I doubt that he could have imagined a Palestinian world in
which he were not forever the Chief. And how typical of his wife to
accuse those around him of "wanting to bury him alive."

What a fine example of our Lord's words and of his intentions for his
church: But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the
princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are
great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but
whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister. Matt.
20:25-26

Let us pray for peace in Jerusalem.

      David Anderson