House Church Talk - Re: Yet another newspaper article...

jim pierceall jpierceall at brtc.net
Wed Nov 17 08:32:47 EST 2004

I am confused and not sure this is all of God, since God is all about unity
and not division, and organization not confusion. Please set me straight,
gently...

Jeff Logan in Richmond
==================

Excerpt from The Journey by
Robert Burnell
____________________________________

In my dream I see the lone figure of a man following a road. As the sun sets
beneath the hills, a city comes into view. Nearing it, the traveler sees
what appears to be a large group of churches. Spires and crosses pierce the
skyline. His pace quickens. Is this his destination? He passes an imposing
structure, a neon sign flashing "Cathedral of the Future." Farther on a
floodlit stadium supports a billboard boasting that fifty thousand people
crowd into evangelistic meetings there three nights a week. Beyond this,
modest "New Testament" chapels and Hebrew Christian synagogues cluster
together on the street front.
"Is this the City of God?" I heard the traveler ask a woman at the
information booth in the central square.
"No this is Christian City, "she replies.
"But I thought this road led to the City of God!" He exclaims with great
disappointment.
"That's what we all thought when we arrived," she answers, her tone
sympathetic.
"This road continues up the mountain, doesn't it?" He asks.
"I wouldn't know, really," she answers blankly
<snip>

Hi Jeff - Sometimes when we hear of the pursuit of unity, we recognize what
is being achieved is only conformity...  shortsighted, yet very satisfying
conformity...  Then the only thing disturbing to those that have found their
comfort zone, are those dastardly examples, of those that know down deep,
there has to be more...

These aliens, these pilgrims of the present day dispersion. may just be
God's prophetic word of the hour - not w/ word, but rather w/ picture...
Those of the conformity will probably never "see it"...  and even among
those that "see it", much discussion will be offered, as to what this all
means...

Acts 2:11-12
 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, "What does this mean?"
NIV

Discussion is good!

JimP