House Church Talk - FW: [GFA Urgent Update] GFA Pastor Beaten and Kidnapped

Rick Smith Rick.Smith at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 7 00:44:49 EDT 2004

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "GFA News & Updates" <gfanews at lists.gfa.org>
To: "Rick and Liz Smith" <lizsmith at momys.com>
Subject: [GFA Urgent Update] GFA Pastor Beaten and Kidnapped
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 12:30:01 -0600

::: URGENT Update -- GFA Pastor Beaten and Kidnapped!
http://www.gfa.org/urgent

Dear Rick and Liz,

Your urgent prayers are needed for two of our brothers in Asia.

Yesterday GFA pastors Tulsiram and Vijay in Chhattisgarh (India) were
severely beaten and kidnapped by anti-Christian elements as they prepared
to baptize 32 new believers. Their captors took them to an unknown
location. The kidnapping was part of a plan to stop them from continuing
ministry in the village.

By God's grace Pastor Vijay escaped and ran close to 25 miles to tell the
GFA district leader of the incident. The district leader informed GFA's
Chhattisgarh state office and also rushed to the village where the
kidnapping took place in hopes of securing the other native pastor's
release. We still do not know Pastor Tulsiram's whereabouts. Please
fervently pray for this urgent situation.
View full story online at: http://www.gfa.org/urgent

Last week we asked you to pray for GFA Pastor Kumar. Your prayers have
made a difference. Thank you. To read an update of how God protected his
family and congregation over the weekend, go to
http://www.gfa.org/gfa/urgent/followup. Together we give thanks to the
Father for courageous brothers like Kumar who daily put their lives on the
line to reach needy souls with the Gospel of Christ.

Your brother in Christ,

K.P. Yohannan
President - Gospel for Asia

_______________________

::: SPONSOR A GFA NATIVE MISSIONARY:
http://www.gfa.org/gfa/sponsor?motiv=WA4A-GUSP

_______________________

::: About Gospel for Asia: http://www.gfa.org/aboutgfa

::: Sign-up Information
If you received this email as a forward and would like to sign up, please
visit our website at http://www.gfa.org/emailupdate and join over 165,000
Christians around the world who receive GFA's email update!

::: Removal Information
The email address you signed up with is lizsmith at momys.com. To be removed,
please send the following blank email from that email account only:
this unique email from another email client will not remove you from the
list. If you experience difficulty, reply to this email and request
removal. Thank you!

Gospel for Asia
1800 Golden Trail Ct.
Carrollton TX 75010