House Church Talk - public meetings

DanG dan.dgordon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:01:55 EDT 2004

Gary wrote:
> Technically northwestern Indiana, out from the borious state of Connecticut.
> When cemetary was no longer a viable option due to my family's addiction to
> living indoors and eating hot meals, we moved away from that town to a local
> reformed church six years ago. Three reformed churches later (each one
> convinced that I am the problem) we have given up on IC, I do NOT mean that
> I see it as us versus them, but there's no reason to go through the Slough
> of Despond again.
-------------------------------
Oh, not that slough again... we don't want to go there, again...

So, coming from a reformed background, you may appreciate this
concoction which another reformed background guy gave to me - kinda
cute.

btw, which cemetary?
DanG ChicagoArea

Arminian grace! How strange the sound
Salvation hinged on ME
I once was lost then turned around
Was blind then chose to see

What "grace" is it that calls for choice
Out of some good within?
The part that willed to heed God's voice
Proved stronger than my sin

Through many ardent gospel pleas
I sat with heart of stone
But then some hidden good in me
Propelled me toward my home

When we've been there ten thousand years
Because of what we've done
We've no less days to sing our praise
Than when we first begun

- Dennis Walter Cochran