House Church Talk - Alexander Strauch on Biblical Eldership

Gary isa30 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 14 00:03:08 EDT 2004

Hi Dan,

I did get your response, but am not able to reply in great detail at this
moment. These were my opinions only, based on a rough timeline from the
start of Jesus' earthly ministry to the approximate time of Paul's writings.
I will research the subject and try to see if the rough surmising actually
solidifies into real time periods.

You do have a point regarding the God-fearing people and yes, those who were
older would bring the wisdom of much life experience to the church, for
which honor is to be given if the hoary head is worn in righteousness.

Most of my idea was based on that original starting point, however, and the
consideration that while wonderful blessing was upon the church after
Pentecost, it still wasn't THAT old when Paul was writing. I'll get back to
this as time permits, I promise.

Earnestly contending,

Gary

(Written using WindowEyes, the premier screenreading program from GW Micro
that makes PCs accessible to the blind and visually impaired.  Contact:
www.gwmicro.com)

"Preach not only so that the people can understand, but so that they cannot
misunderstand if they wish."  CH.Spurgeon

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the
full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the
schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but
against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this
darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist
in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm."  Ephesians
6:10-13