House Church Talk - Tonights meeting

M S a0006374 at airmail.net
Sun Oct 31 05:50:17 EST 2004

I understand what you are talking about Dan when you speak of a need for
more Biblical understanding.  Our group wanted something that would
encourage them to dig deeper through the week.  They just needed more
discipline in the Bible Study lives.  We looked at a number of different
things, but ended up with them just wanting me to put together something for
them to use each week that we could meet the next week and discuss.  We have
been doing studies of different books of the Bible and are studying Judges
right now.  They have been amazed at the parallel between what happened in
Israel and what is happening in America.

This has added a great deal of work on my plate, but our discussions have
been much better and much more on topic.  Even when the discussion moves
into the personal it is a personal item directly related to what we are
studying where they are having a particular problem, or it has raised a
question about personal actions or reactions.

If anyone would like to see the type sheet I am doing I will be glad to send
them one if they request in a private email to a0006374 at airmail.net for I
don't really want to take up bandwidth here.  Also if anyone would like to
critique them I would appreciate that also.

Mike S
Garland, TX

Hello everyone.

I just thought I would share what has been going on in our HC lately.
One of the brothers has been doing Bible studies with different small groups
using work booklets which he shared with me.

In the past weeks several were concerned about their need for more Biblical
understanding. We have sharing from the Scriptures usually, but sometimes
the discussions tend more toward personal issues and conversation.
(snip)
Tonight we had our second session with the booklets and it was wonderful!
While we are sad that our friends did not enjoy what we believed to be of
the Lord, it felt so good to be digging deeper into the Word of God and
building a stronger foundation in Him.

Dan Beaty
Columbus, Ohio USA