House Church Talk - Fw: [EDG] New Polling Question

Glenn Frank glennfrank at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 3 01:41:10 EDT 2004

Hi Adam..

The answers you gave are pretty much accepted across the board in most
Christian circles all over the united states... And the world even... But, I
think maybe if you remove any preconceptions and experiences regarding
"pastors" and "elders", you might find the bible speaks differently about
them.

Check out "Pastor" again in the Bible...
1) Where does it say it is an 'office' of the church? Is it an "office"?
2) Where does it say a pastor is to be the head of a church?
3) what does the Bible say the role and reason for a pastor is?

And regarding 'Elders'... Are you sure they are subordinate/helpers to the
pastor?

1) Check out where (and how many times) the Bible mentions elders in the
context of the church and what were they doing?
2) Is "elder" an office of leadership and if so... How do you see their
leadership role and to whom are they responsible?
3) how many elders seem to be mentioned in most every church where elders
are mentioned? One? Or more than one?

Something else to think about... Was the church supposed to follow the moses
model? ... Can we really verify in the NT church that they followed this
advice from Moses' Father in Law? (the one head guy with a team of
subordinate helpers?)

Just some fuel for the discussion.

;-)

Glenn Frank