House Church Talk - Reconciled

DanG dan.dgordon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 14:56:25 EDT 2004

Phillip wrote:
> I know the hymn quite well. Do you know the story behind it? If you
> don't, I may share it sometime. It's a song of the triumph the moment
> after death.
>
> > The bride eyes not her garment
> > But her dear bridegroom's face
> > I will not gaze at glory
> > But on my king of grace
> > Not at the crown he giveth
> > But on His pierced hands
> > The Lamb is all the glory
> > Of Immanuel's Land

> Phillip

Please do share the story.
I know the author listed with the hymn ususally is Anne Ross Cousin,
who did something with it, and Samuel Rutherford is the author and
there are some 32 verses in the whole hymn which was written by a good
scottish man.  Gordon being scottish, I like scottish guys ;-)
DanG ChicagoArea