House Church Talk - Warning to brothers and sisters in Christ concerning free speech

Rick Johnson rebelfire at juno.com
Sun Sep 26 09:51:54 EDT 2004

Adam,

I might be sadly wrong but I tried to research the bill you mentioned and
I do not find any information about what you are referring to.

The California Senate web page list 1 bill under SB123.   It is a bill
designed to keep school restrooms clean.

I believe you have made a mistake in your research.  Do you have a
different Bill number or the Bill Title?

I will copy the bill I found and the URL below.

RJ

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/bill/sen/sb_0101-0150/sb_123_bill_20030205_int
roduced.html

BILL NUMBER: SB 123	INTRODUCED
	BILL TEXT

INTRODUCED BY   Senator Escutia

                        FEBRUARY 5, 2003

   An act relating to school facilities.

	LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST

   SB 123, as introduced, Escutia.  School restrooms:  maintenance.
   Existing law provides for the maintenance and repair of school
facilities by school districts.
   This bill would state the intent of the Legislature to ensure that
every public school has restroom facilities that are clean,
operational, and stocked at all times with soap and paper supplies
and that the number of restroom facilities in each public school are
adequate to serve the school's population.
   Vote:  majority.  Appropriation:  no.  Fiscal committee:  no.
State-mandated local program:  no.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

  SECTION 1.  (a) The Legislature hereby finds and declares the
following:
   (1) Hand washing is the first line of defense against infectious
disease.  Hand washing is especially critical before eating or
handling food. When school restrooms are locked or inadequately stocked
with soap and paper supplies, pupils and staff are put at
greater risk for developing health problems.
   (2) Pupils and staff who are unable to use restrooms during the
schoolday due to inadequate numbers of open facilities and those who
avoid using the restroom because of unsanitary conditions commonly
develop urinary tract or bladder infections.
   (3) The discomfort and poor hygiene resulting from inadequate and
neglected restroom facilities is demeaning to children, adolescents,
and adults on schoolsites.
   (b) It is therefore the intent of the Legislature to ensure that every
public school in California has restroom facilities that are
clean, operational, and stocked at all times with toilet paper, soap, and
paper towels or hand dryers, and that the number of restroom

-----