House Church Talk - I'm Disappointed

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Tue Sep 28 22:22:05 EDT 2004

Gary,

You wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary" <isa30 at verizon.net>

> I am in the process of studying the house church concept. I have no desire
> to rebound into something else without being as cerrtain as I can about
it's
> Biblicity. This is not to say that I am suspicious, only cautious.

Please continue in your caution! As one who is very committed to House
Church concepts, I want to see them working, healthy, and giving honor to
our Lord. But there is a need for caution. I have encountered more false,
deceptive spirits among HC advocates in a few short years than in many of my
former years of traditional church.

Your respect for the Written Word should help you greatly. The greatest
danger I have encountered in HC circles is the devaluation of the
Scriptures. In some circles feelings and opinions dominate, as well as the
modern notion of "no absolutes."

Jesus said, "I will build my church." I am confident that He will lead you
or anyone else who truly hungers and thirst for righteousness into His will
for you in His Body.

Dan Beaty
Columbus, Ohio
www.livingtruth.com