House Church Talk - Riddle me this. (Wesleyans)

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Thu Dec 18 23:26:15 EST 2003

David and Jeff,

It is interesting that Wesley has come up lately. I just viewed a video that
I borrowed from our public library this evening on the life of John Wesley.

I found it inspiring and helpful to me in my research on the history of the
Great Awakening and also quite inspiring. Circumstances and times have
definitely changed, but I doubt that God has a different view on how the
Gospel can and should impact a nation in any age.

Some believe that the power of the Gospel preached by Wesley and others
actually prevented a bloody revolution from happening in England like that
which France experienced. That view seems to be reflected also in Charles
Dickon's "A Tale of Two Cities."

What possiblities do you suppose exist for us in our day?

Dan Beaty
Columbus, Ohio