House Church Talk - Thoughts on emerging

Bruce Woodford bwood4d at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 31 13:48:57 EST 2003

Hi Scott,
Thanks so much for your post! I think you've "hit the nail on the head".

The answers will not be found in finding or designing new ways of "doing
church", even simply moving our meetings out of sanctuaries and into living
rooms of homes is not the answer at all!

Rather it is in nurturing genuine relationships with God and with our
brothers and sisters in Christ where ever we meet them. It is not in forms,
rituals, locations, trends or fads, but rather in relationships transformed
by new covenant liberty in Christ! Oh how much we need to understand how
radically superior and different new covenant relationships really are in
contrast to old covenant religion in which most of us have been raised and
conditioned!

By the way, some of you may have been reading the ongoing story, "So you
Don't Want To Go To Church Anymore" found at www.jakecolsen.com.   It has
been some months now since another chapter has been added. But at last
chapter 7 is up and online.  IMO, it is one of the best so far. Check it
out!

Your brother in Christ,
Bruce