House Church Talk - Christian books chosen by Wal-mart

Janet Murphy dreamgirl at indy.rr.com
Mon Nov 3 11:55:16 EST 2003

Dear Grueling Reviewer:

Just bought this book last week. ("The Purpose Driven Life")   The lady at
the Barnes & Noble cash register said they are selling like hotcakes.  I've
read about the first 5 chapters so far.  Yep, I agree, David,  so far
nothing new.  I also disagree with the author's  premise that everything
about our physical makeup is just as God ordained it.  Isn't it a symptom of
a fallen world that we have a child born with cystic fibrosis and various
disfigurements?  The author didn't seem to make allowances for that.
However, I do believe that God can bring some good things from the sad
events that touch us.

Hope all the $$$ coming in from sales doesn't change the author.  He seems
like a nice pastor.

Have a good day with some pleasant surprises!

janet
www.mp3.com/JanetMurphy