House Church Talk - Who is on the Lord's Side?

Phillip Cohen spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Tue Nov 18 04:15:56 EST 2003

This is well stated.  Always, obedience to God must override personal
bias.

Who is on the Lord's Side?

We are having enough trouble even getting those who are on the Lord's
side - regardless of political party affiliation, to agree to pray for
our President (though wonderfully, we just added about 2000 people to
pray for our president this last week. A report to follow soon!)

Folks, When Paul taught us that we were to pray for Kings and those in
authority, Nero, one of the most evil dictators to ever rule was in
control of the entire Roman Empire and life on earth as it was known.

What does that mean to you and me?

It means that, even if we are on the SAME political party and yet we
disagree with even the tiniest decision that our Commander-in-Chief
makes, that shouldn't change our prayers one iota.

We are simply instructed by God to pray for Kings in authority - and
every other ruler, for that matter.

The Last President in Office

When the last President was in office in the USA, a serious warning by a
well-known prophet went forth that we were to pray regularly for that
President, regardless if we disagreed with his policies. But instead,
because many disagreed with things they were seeing, rather than praying,
many - if not most - cursed that president. I'm telling you honestly, I
saw marriages suffer among those who were cursing that president. I even
began to notice a trend . . . curse the President . . . watch your
marriage suffer.

There is a spiritual truth that if we do not pray for those in authority,
we will pray a price.

Now, in 2003, we are seeing, even among those of the same political
persuasions, cursing the President, over the least decision he makes in
which the observer disagrees. May it never be.

My goodness, People of God, God never said, "Pray for those in authority
who you are in absolute agreement with."

God simply said, "Pray for Kings" and others in authority.

I'll quote you the Scripture below. That includes, on both "sides of the
aisle" of Congress and the Senate - both men and women - whether we agree
with them or not.

PRAY FOR THEM - all of them!

Walking by faith,
Phillip & Mary Cohen
spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Blessed be the LORD God, Who only does wondrous things! Let the whole
earth be filled with His glory. Psalm 72: 18,19