House Church Talk - thanksgiving day with John Jay

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Thu Nov 27 07:38:38 EST 2003

Dr. A.H. Stevens spoke about a visit to the home of John Jay, America¹s
first Supreme Court Chief Justice, in 1816:

"I recall the scene in the family parlor, the venerable father and his
children and the household within his gates, uniting in thanksgiving,
confession, and prayer. Sir, it was more like Heaven upon earth than
anything I ever witnessed or conceived. It was worth more than all the
sermons I ever listened to."

Happy thanksgiving, all. May the joy of the Lord be your strength as we
approach another year's end.

              David Anderson