House Church Talk - Christians in action

Bruce Woodford bwood4d at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 29 17:40:39 EST 2003

David and Jim,

You both have brought up some very important scriptures and principles
relative to practically serving saints who are in need.  This is a radically
different approach to that of worldly "welfare" systems!

II Thess.3:10-12 deals with this very issue- "If any would not work, neither
should he eat."

The regular personal collections of the Lord's people were designed
specificly for the needs of the poor. I Cor.16:1,2 rather than for paying
mortgages and utilities to maintain "sacred" buildings and salaries to
maintain a clerical priestly class of ministers!

But our giving and meeting of needs is NOT to be limited to the saints, but
rather primarily focused on them. "Let us do good unto ALL men, ESPECIALLY
UNTO THEM WHO ARE OF THE HOUSEHOLD OF FAITH."  Gal.6:10

Your brother in Christ,
Bruce