House Church Talk - Re: New Testament era literacy rate

jim pierceall jpierceall at brtc.net
Thu Oct 2 09:45:28 EDT 2003

Dan, I read w/ interest your offering...  The entire layout is thought
provoking...  I suppose, it just "shows to go us" - Solomon in God's wisdom
is astute:  Eccl 1:9-10

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is
done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been
already of old time, which was before us.

> =======================
> The early United Nations was in a methodical expansionist mode.  Entry
into a prospective country or holdout
> provinces was done in stages.

First, appointed messengers were sent into the villages and town (cities and
states)
> with a mantra provided.  The mantra can be heard - "We are w/ the UN - and
we are here to help you!"  The mantra was reinforced and expanded w/ a story
(of their vision) and a command. The story was a detailed
> exultation of the 'UN' containing stories of the common vision, promised
peace & prosperity, social, educational and health programs, teachings on
liberty and justice for all, and military
> protection.  You will never fear your neighbor again.

After the story these messengers then placed before the people two choices.
One
> choice was to concede (Pox Roma - not Pax, ha!) to the world view,
> and join the UN in it's efforts.

The second choice was to be weakened and perish under the inevitable
financial embargos and isolation enforced by the UN.

> The mantra was "repent for the Kingdom of your world's redemption (UN) is
at hand" (i.e. at the door of the
> city)
>
> The story of it's birth, life, words, teachings and banking & financial
successes of the UN was called **
> "The Good News" **
>
> The messenger, who was sent out in advance of the approaching army, is
called a ** "Diplomat."**

> One of the most common declarative ceremonies was an act called **Joining
w/ Member State Status** and a declaration
> that the "UN is our - the world's - Savior."  (faintly heard in the
background can be heard the singing "We are the World, we are it's
children....)

> For the following words to have meaning in the ear of the last century
audience, there must be
> a King and a Kingdom.  Those words are;

> **UN,** Peace and Prosperity,** Diplomat,** Repent for the KO UN is at
Hand,** and Membership.**
> ------------------
> In the Classical Modern Greco-Roman time and motif, a century before
Christ's return, there was the emergence of city-states, United as Nations
> In the opinion of some, this was democracy's finest hour.  In the
member-nations, all residents were
> by default, citizens and equal participants in the making of law and
judicial decisions.  On a
> regular bases these citizens (all the people) would gather in a theater to
discuss politics,
> enact laws and make judgments.  The entry into the theater was a long
paved boulevard.  On the
> boulevard was proudly displayed national flags if bowing in honor of the
one supreme UN.  On the way into the theater
> each citizen would point to their flag, with their name on it, to prove
their right to enter the
> arena.
>
> When it was time for a meeting of citizen states of the arena, a messenger
would interrupt your favorite TV program O;>),  "calling out" to the
citizens in the houses and shops to watch as they are being protected>

> When a citizen state of the city committed a misdeed of significant
infamy, the gathered citizens
> would listen to the accusations made by the witnesses, and then revoke or
suspend the rights of
> citizenship from the individual for a period of time or permanently
depending on the misdeed.

> The removing of the flag from the boulevard marked the ending of
citizenship. <think Twain>

> As time developed these Kingdom dwellers would term their meetings as
"sessions"....

Hope you didn't mind my updating that historical account some?  If time
would have permitted, I may have done a more thorough job relating this
piece... sorry!  I truly have grown to believe - There simply is nothing new
under the son, and in the course of human directed affairs...

I do hope to get back later to that word "ekklesia"...  It is a dandy...

and thanks, MikeS for weighing in.  I always enjoy your insights...

JimP - no mixed loyalties - thus holdout in kentucky