House Church Talk - Ricky Skaggs came through

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Sat Oct 11 20:57:41 EDT 2003

And it was nice to be able to understand what he was singing about
without having to buy the CD's in order to read the words. Yes, it was a
thoroughly enjoyably evenin, y'all.

Ricky's done with country music and has returned to a his Blue-grass
roots. He left CBS records because all he could "see was b.s" ... His new
gospel album was just done on his own label and has won 2 major awards.
Sorry 'bout that, C.B.S.

Ricky brought a powerful message of salvation through Jesus, to our town.
Too much to tell, tonight. He did mention about growing up in a old
country church with "tag-team preachers." I like that idea as it seems to
harmonize with the earliest believer gatherings where all had the
opportunity to speak.

Did I tell you that his band was named -Kentucky Thunder- ? That's
foot-washin' country.

Hey there, Jim P.

      David Anderson
       one state over in Tennessee